Sweet & Tangy Pork Chops

Monday, July 14, 2008

Because most of the items in this recipe are things I already have in my cupboards, it is an easy choice for dinner when I have nothing planned. It goes together quickly because there is virtually no prep time needed. If you don't have pork chops, you can substitute chicken. If you don't have canned tomato sauce, try pre-made spaghetti sauces like Prego or Ragu (I always have leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge so this is a great way to use it up). Don't be afraid to experiment.


Serves: 4
Start to Finish: 30 minutes or less
Recipe By: Jani Jones ... I got this recipe from my mom, but I do not know where she got it from. I would love to give credit to the chef so if anyone knows who created this recipe please let me know so I can update this blog. Thanks

Ingredients:

4 pork loin chops, 1 in thick (they need to be completely defrosted, if you forget this step the recipe takes A LOT longer)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 TBSP cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. (Oil is ready when it crackles if you flick a drop of water into it)
2. Brown outside of pork chops in hot oil. (You do not need to cook through at this point since you will be boiling them later, this is just to give them nice color)
3. Add remaining ingredients to pan, bring to just a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
5. Serve pork chops with sauce

0 comments: