Start-to-Finish: 4 hours and 30 minutes (slow cooker recipe=4 hours of cooking+30 minutes of prep)
Recipe By: Taste of Home Magazine
1 (1-lb) boneless pork loin roast (I have also made this with chicken breast and it is equally as delicious)
1 (14-oz) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 TBSP brown sugar
3 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1. Place pork loin roast in a slow cooker. (I am using a slow-cooker liner in the pictures below.)
2. Combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over roast.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
4. Remove roast and keep warm.
5. Strain cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. (Because of all the seeds in the cranberries, straining the sauce is a little time consuming.)
6. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
7. Stir in strained cooking juices.
8. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. (You really want this to thicken up so it clings to the pork instead of running over it.)
9. Serve pork and sauce over egg noodles.