Start-to-Finish: 30 minutes
Recipe By: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine
1 (17-oz) pkg refrigerated cooked beef roast au jus (I bought HEB brand and was happy with the clean cut and freshness of the meat)
2 medium red potatoes
2 medium carrots
1 medium sweet potatoes (add more veggies if you want to stretch this meal)
1 TBSP cooking oil
Freshly ground black pepper
3 TBSP chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf not curly leaf)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP finely shredded lemon peel
1. In large skillet cook beef roast, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes more, until juices are slightly reduced.
3. Meanwhile, peel and cut your vegetables into 3/4 inch pieces. (The more uniform the size of the pieces the more uniform the cooking).
4. Place vegetables in microwave-safe dish.
5. Drizzle with cooking oil and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
6. Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until tender. (I have also made this dish where I roasted the vegetables on a foil-lined cookie sheet in the oven for 20 minutes at 400; but it adds 10 minutes to the total time of the recipe so it depends on your time constraints.)
7. For herb-garlic mixture, in a small bowl combine parsley, garlic, and lemon peel.
8. To serve, stir vegetables into skillet with beef and juices and sprinkle with herb-garlic mixture.