Start-to-Finish: 6-8 hours (slow cooker recipe)
Recipe By: Amber Brunson
1/2 cup dry pinto beans
1 cup dehydrated carrots
1/2 cup dehydrated onion
1/4 cup powdered milk (can substitute 1/4 cup sour cream if you're making it fresh)
1 cup salsa or taco sauce (I used mild but next time I would probably use medium because it takes a lot of heat to give the beans any flavor at all)
1/2 cup potato flakes
1 tsp salt
1. Rinse pinto beans and soak in water overnight.
2. Drain all the water, rinse beans thoroughly, and place in crock-pot.
3. Add dehydrated vegetables to crock-pot with beans.
4. Add fresh water enough to cover all the vegetables and beans.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beans are fully cooked and soft.
6. Add the powdered milk, potato flakes, salsa, and salt.
7. Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
8. Serve with warm tortillas.