Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Recipe By: Morton's Kosher Salt with modifications by Amber Brunson
3 TBSP butter, divided
1/2 TBSP olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/8 cup flour
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 dashes hot pepper sauce (optional)
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp dried basil
½ cup chopped almonds, toasted
1 or 2 avocados
1. Preheat over to 350° F.
2. Melt one TBSP of butter in large skillet.
3. Add olive oil and swirl together with the butter.
4. Add chicken and sauté until chicken pieces are browned and juices run clear. (Turn pieces while sautéing for nice even color.)
5. Place chicken breasts in 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
6. Melt remaining 2 TBSP butter until foamy.
7. Stir in flour, and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Slowly add whipping cream, chicken broth, Kosher salt, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, hot pepper sauce (optional), and herbs.
9. Continue stirring and cooking until smooth and thickened.
10. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
11. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
12. Meanwhile, toast almonds.
13. Sprinkle almonds over chicken and sauce, bake an additional 5 minutes.
14. Peel and slice avocados lengthwise and place over chicken before serving.