I Love October

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Check out my new Halloween socks; they're awesome! I am very excited October is finally here. I love everything about October: the air has a crisp, spicy smell, the leaves are changing colors, the nights are warm and clear. It is the perfect way to herald in the holiday season. Finally the weather is cool enough to snuggle under a blanket near a roaring fire with hot chocolate and a good book. And, of course, I love Halloween! Growing up, it was just another holiday. Like every kid, I enjoyed dressing up and getting candy but soon I was too old to trick-or-treat and the day lost much of its appeal. That was... until I met my husband. His excitement for the holiday is infectious. He immersed me in the other joys of Halloween: pumpkin patches, Halloween parties, hay rides with mulled cider, special Halloween dinners, corn mazes, goofy Halloween TV shows (I hate scary movies), and Halloween decorations. This month it is my goal to post 13 of the best Halloween dinners I can find out there. It is my hope that someone out there who may not love Halloween will be inspired and develop some traditions for their own family around this fun day.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice Legs! Oh and I love the socks too.