Monster Mouths

Monday, October 20, 2008

This meals comes together very quickly; which leaves you plenty of time to decorate your monsters. Their faces are made from carrots, olives, cheese, and pickles (or any other veggies you think would be fun). As for the meat mixture inside... think Hamburger Helper dressed up for a night on the town. The bacon and tomatoes help add that "grown-up taste", making the dish appealing to all ages.


Serves:
6
Start to Finish: 60 minutes
Recipe By: www.howstuffworks.com

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
4 slices bacon
1 lb ground beef
1 tomato, seeded and chopped (you can substitute 1 cup of diced, canned tomatoes)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 slices American Cheese Singles, chopped
1/2 package of jumbo pasta shells (about 18 shells), cooked and drained
Decorations: Baby carrots, olives, bell peppers, small pickles or cheese slices for decoration

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease 9-in x 13-in baking dish.
3. Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon in large skillet until crisp.
5. Remove from pan and crumble.
6. Add onion to pan and cook until tender. (Cook in the bacon grease.)
7. Add beef; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
8. Stir in tomatoes, cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper.
9. Spoon mixture into cooked shells.
10. Place in prepared baking dish.
11. Bake 5 minutes or until hot; remove from oven.
12. Decorate as desired with olive and carrot eyes, bell pepper fangs, pickle tongue and cheese teeth.

1 comments:

Davianne said...

Holy stinkin Cuteness! Want to make dinner for my crazy bunch?

It's kinda funny how I found you. I was on my sister Klare's blog and I saw a blog link named Susie and I thought it was our cousin. I was all excited thinking "I didn't know she had a blog and why didn't she tell me." It turned out to be your aunt's blog. At first I was think, "Rats! It's not my cousins." then I saw the pic of Susie with your sisters and thought, "Oh yay, it's the jones girls!" Sorry for the long comment but I was excited that I found you on accident.