Monster Mouths

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Easy to make and so delicious. If you have older children this is a great recipe to get them cooking in the kitchen with you. You can substitute slivered almonds, marshmallows, or pumpkin seeds for the candy corn. I have a presonal love affair with candy corn so of course I opt for the sweeter version; the pumpkin seeds make realistic looking vampire teeth that I was very impressed with, too. This treat gets the Van Seal of Approval; just look at his happy little face.

Serves: 4 (1/2 apple per serving)
Start-to-Finish: 15 minutes
Recipe By: Better Homes and Garden

Ingredients:

2 apples
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup candy corn

Directions:

1. Cut apples into quarters.
2. Cut out a wedge from each quarter (try not to let these mouth wedges go all the way through the apple or your peanut butter will be able to sneak out the back).
3. Fill mouth wedge with peanut butter (if you are having trouble making the peanut butter stick, dry the apple a little with a paper towel).
4. Arrange the candy corn on the peanut butter to look like teeth.

2 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Yay for Amber's Halloween Recipes!!! I was just looking at your Halloween dinner recipes the other day and thinking of which ones I'm going to cook this year. I love it! Do you mind if I post on my blog with your link in case anyone would like to check it out? Let me know! Thanks!

Amber said...

Crystal, I don't mind at all :) Hopefully, it will inspire someone to start a few Halloween traditions with their own family. I love when people can use my recipes.