Serves: 2 loaves (or 4 small loaves)
Start-to-Finish: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Recipe By: allrecipes.com
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 TBSP active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast.
2. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
3. Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
4. Mix in flour one cup at a time.
5. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
6. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat.
7. Cover with a damp cloth.
8. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
9. Punch dough down.
10. Knead for a few minutes, and divide into loaves.
11. Shape loaves and place into well oiled loaf pans. (two 9 x 5 pans or four 5.5 x 3 pans)
12. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
13. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.