Serves: 5 adults (2 hot dogs each) or 10 kids (1 hot dog each)
Start-to-Finish: 50 minutes
Recipe By: Pillsbury
1 (8-oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered
10 hot dogs
Mustard and ketchup, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles, and press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough, cut into 4 rectangles.
3. With knife or kitchen shears, cut dough into long, thin strips. (The thinner you can make the strips, the better your mummy looks when it is cooked.)
4. Slice cheese slices into quarters. (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half. You want them about the same dimensions as your hotdogs.)
5. Wrap thin strips of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog.
6. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face."
7. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down).
8. Spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
9. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
10. To make an orange dipping sauce; combine equal part ketchup and mustard, mix well.
11. Serve mummy dogs with orange dipping sauce.